Tuesday 2 April 2019

Crest Hill man loses 185 pounds after gastric sleeve surgery at BMI Surgery at Silver Cross

Crest Hill native Michael Washlow admits bouncing between seven different foster homes as a child had a lot to do with his weight gain over the years. Although he was adopted into a loving family at age 11, his weight struggles continued.
(Source : https://www.theherald-news.com)
Washlow tried nearly every diet he could think of. Then one day his mom found BMI Surgery at Silver Cross online. He signed up for one of the weekly informational meetings in early 2017.
“It’s a totally different lifestyle, but I knew it would be worth it in the end,” he said.
In July that year, Washlow had laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy surgery, which changes the shape of the stomach, creating a “sleeve” to allow food to go from the sleeve to the intestine, helping to increase feelings of fullness.
Before surgery, Washlow weighed 415 pounds.With diet restrictions, the weight came off faster at the beginning; the real challenge was motivating himself to work out.
“I paid for a personal trainer for a while,” he said.
Now, at 239 pounds,“I’m able to crouch and bend my knees and put weight on them,” Washlow said. “I can run. I can also tie my shoes and breathe at the same time. I would go to BMI Surgery again in a heartbeat.”
Though he’s not at his goal weight just yet, Washlow remains focused on staying healthy and active.
“Now that I’m putting on muscle, my goal weight is changing. I’m more fit and active than I’ve ever been in my life.” In fact, Washlow’s amazing transformation will be featured in an upcoming issue of Men’s Health magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment